Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week/Weekend in Review and Catch-Up Post

It has been an awesome week/weekend with great friends and people I love having in my life! Last week started off by having dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in ages - I love those friends where you can just pick up where you left off, no matter how long it has been since you saw each other. We went to Rosebud for dinner and had some yummy food (sorry no pictures but it was still a really fun night!) 


Wednesday night my friend Amanda and I went to Canvas & Cocktails. For those of you who haven't been or haven't heard of it you basically choose a painting you like from their calendar and sign up for that day.


Our inspiration










 You bring your own drinks/snacks (we had cheese, pita chips, spinach dip, and plenty of wine!)



Ready to Paint..

                                     


You then have an instructor who walks you through the painting step by step

                                       


Until you can proudly display your finished product
(excuse my outfit but i decided I wanted to be casual in case there were any paint casualties). I love how my painting turned out and it was so fun I can't wait to do it again soon! 


Friday night Brian and I had a nice little date night at South City Kitchen - Midtown. We took advantage of Mid-town Restaurant week and got 3 courses for $25 - it was actually a pretty good deal. I am usually skeptical of the Restaurant weeks because the menus are so limited and they usually cheap-o-rize the dishes but it was so yummy. 


Saturday I had a JLA community service project in the morning and then Aly and I went to Souper Jenny for lunch. OMG. My NEW favorite Restaurant. It was heaven. There was a long long line but for $12 you get 2 items from the menu (soup, sandwich, or salad), a drink, a cookie, and a roll. It was divine. I got the chicken chipotle sandwich with jalapeno bread, goat cheese, peach jam and chipotle grilled chicken. For my second item I got fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapples) with greek yogurt and honey. It was absolutely amazing. So yummy. Then I finished it off with a peanut butter/chocolate chip cookie. I will definitely going back. Probably this week. 



After lunch we headed to mellow mushroom to watch the Noles get destroyed...it was a really tragic day of college football and I think I was successful in picking 0 teams this week. A few of us at before the slaughtering:




Ok sorry for the long post - I am finishing up my weekend by watching the VMA's. Hope you all had a great weekend. 


xoxo, 
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment